About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Photography is my favorite form of art. The way it exploits the beauty in everyday occurrences and captures an infinitesimal point in time that may have passed without being noticed. I have always loved snapping photos, but it was when I finally got my hands on my first DSLR in December of 2009 that I truly fell in love. This is the evolution of me as a photographer. Please feel free to contact me directly at benjamin.jang.larson@gmail.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences

Soooo, the California Academy of Science opened a little over two years ago. I remember when it was constructed and how I couldn't wait to go. Yeah...huge dork. Flash forward two years ... "Why the #e!! have I not been?!" So, in case you don't know, they do this thing on Thursday nights called Nightlife. It's a great idea to get the 20's and 30's crowd closet nerds (and some down-right out of the closet nerds) to the museum and socializing with each other. There were mini-bars setup everywhere and just about everything was open. It was a great time! Got there early and got planetarium tickets...



Then made it to the indoor rain-forest...







Then to the subterranean aquarium...



The jellyfish were my favorite...






Peeped the semi-famous albino alligator...




And got to see the living roof ... in which there were telescopes setup to look at the moon, and Jupiter and four of its moons!


Yeah, totally geeked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment